Originally, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) was created with the intent to prohibit any illegal usage of patient information. Valuable patient information is kept private and safe with HIPAA compliant medical transcription services.
A HIPAA compliant medical transcription service provider guarantees that the patient records are handled with great care. There are many such medical transcription companies offering medical transcription services to multi-specialty hospitals, individual physicians, long-term care facilities, nursing clinics, rehab centers, acute care clinics and group practices in the US.
To maintain the discretion of all assigned data, a dependable organization employs a group of experts well-trained in applying safety measures that preserve the confidentiality of patient information against unlawful leaks during data transfer. The internal team is thoroughly screened and background checked.
Staff members are required to sign a confidentiality agreement, which states that legal action will be taken against those who commit a breach of confidentiality. Transcriptionists deliver the completed transcripts safely and in an appropriate time period. You can get transcripts for a variety of medical records such as patient history and physical examination reports, procedure notes, progress notes, clinic notes, consultation, health, laboratory, scan, operative and X-ray reports, discharge summaries, follow-up notes, and more.
Maintaining the Security and Confidentiality of Patient Data
Reputable medical transcription outsourcing companies assume numerous safety measures to make certain that all medical records they handle are protected.
11 Safety Guarantees to require when outsourcing medical transcription services:
1. Computers are password protected
2. Files are backed up on monthly basis
3. Personnel are not allowed to bring in floppies/electronic devices including laptops, PDA, or written documents
4. Security software is updated regularly
5. Proper safety measures are implemented while transferring, receiving and storing electronically protected patient data
6. Firewalls and antivirus software on all computers are updated on a regular basis
7. Periodic technical evaluations to ensure that all systems meet specified security requirements
8. The entire workforce is trained to maintain privacy, confidentiality and security
9. All external drives including floppy disk drives and USB ports are disabled to prevent illegal copying of documents
10. All tools used for data storage are protected with passwords
11. Prevents unauthorized alteration, deletion or revelation of patient’s health related information
When choosing to outsource your medical transcription needs, it is important to seek the services of an established medical transcription service provider that ensures total confidentiality for patient data.
Here at Fast Chart, we are committed to only hiring domestically located Medical Transcriptionists that meet our rigorous standards and training. This is why Fast Chart has an accuracy rate > than 98.5%.
Fast Chart prides itself on providing innovative, accurate and affordable clinical documentation solutions to meet each client’s unique needs. Feel free to contact us or call our office toll free at 1-800-334-6606 with any questions.