Are you using an electronic health record (EHR) system of the past? If your EHR system is not working for you, your staff, and your medical practice, switching systems may be in your best interest. However, switching EHR systems is not an easy task. First and foremost, you must decide if the benefits of switching outweigh the cost of implementing a new system.
Points to Consider Before Switching EHR Systems
3 points to consider before switching EHR systems are as follows:
- What is the cost of implementing a new system? Be sure to factor in system downtime and interruption of business.
- How long will it take for us to learn the new system? Aside from training time associated with learning the new system, it may take a little longer to complete tasks while learning to navigate the software.
- Are the benefits and features of a new EHR system are worth the price? If the new system will save you time and money in the long run, it is worth considering.
Reasons to Switch To A New EHR System
Thanks to the ongoing advances in technology, EHR software now offers features and integrations that make your job as a physician easier. If you are spending large sums of money to maintain an outdated system that does not meet your needs, you may want to reconsider. Additionally, if your EHR does not integrate with other services, such as your medical transcription service, switching may prove valuable.
EHR Integration With Medical Transcription Service
If your EHR software does not integrate with your medical transcription service, you may be missing out on time-saving measures. Fast Chart, a leading medical transcription company, offers speech enabled EHR that is powered by advanced speech understanding™ technology. This integration makes it simple and intuitive for physicians to dictate, review, and electronically sign their dictation reports in a single pass.
The benefits go beyond cost control to include the facilitation of EHR adoption and optimization of the continuity of patient care within your operating environment. This means you can put the template-based, point-and-click systems of the past behind you. When integrating Fast Chart’s medical transcription service with your EHR, you can expect improved productivity, increased physician satisfaction, and higher quality documentation.
Key Features of Fast Charts Speech for EHR Systems Include:
- The ability to dictate, review and electronically sign reports in a single pass.
- The Elimination of point-and-click systems by speech enabling EHR functionality.
- The ability to works with any EHR or clinical system. Command libraries integrate with leading EHRs.
- Ready to use in minutes with littlhttp://www.fastchart.com/contact/e to no IT support.
Key Features of an EHR System
- Integration with Fast Chart’s Medical Transcription Service
- Revenue Cycle Management (RCM)
- Meaningful Use Certified
- Patient Port
- ICD-10/11 Compliant
- e-Prescribing (eRx)
- Electronic Prior-authorization (EPA)
- Features relevant to your speciality or practice
Save Time With Fast Chart
Implementing a new EHR system can save you time and so can outsourcing your medical transcription services to Fast Chart. With an accuracy rate of over 98.5%, and 99.9% system uptime, you can spend additional time with your patients and family. Learn more about Fast Chart or request a free quote today.