The most vital part of any practice is patient care and confidentiality. With that, security and respect are of utmost important when it comes to your patients. When choosing to outsource to a medical transcription service, know that a code of ethics have been designed to ensure that your medical transcriptionist services meet the highest standard.
The Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity (AHDI) is the world’s largest not for profit association representing the individuals and organizations in healthcare documentation. AHDI’s purpose is to protect the integrity of the patients’ health information through continuous workforce development and the support of practitioners and industry partners (www.ahdionline.org). The AHDI created an initial guiding principle and framework for its members. Since then, the regulations have become a standard for medical transcription companies.
Some of the rules and regulations created by the AHDI to help medical transcriptionists in providing quality services to the clients are:
Confidentiality of patient information is of supreme importance to medical transcription companies. It includes peer reviews, quality improvement and risk management protocols, and exceptional effort to maintain data security in electronic communications.
- Proper implementation and maintenance of standards for professional transcription practice.
- Always strive to provide accurate and timely information.
- Compliance with all laws, rules, regulations and standards governing practice of patient documentation.
- Always strive for professional practices including work or professional experience, credentials, affiliations, productivity reporting, billing charges and payment practices.
- Respect the rights and dignity of all individuals.
- Create a working environment where employees are thorough professionals facilitating integrity and protecting personal information of the patients.
Here at Fast Chart, we are committed to only hiring domestically located Medical Transcriptionists that meet our rigorous standards and training, and adhere to the principles set by the AHDI. This is why Fast Chart has an accuracy rate > than 98.5%.
Fast Chart prides itself on providing innovative, accurate and affordable clinical documentation solutions to meet each client’s unique needs. Feel free to contact us or call our office toll free at 1-800-334-6606 with any questions.