Whether you are a hospital or group practice, having an in-house transcription team has both rewards and challenges, especially if you are the director, managing this healthcare ecosystem. Hospital or group practice in house transcription is a very complicated business, requiring keen awareness on the MTs part in assembling the report as well as the flexibility to work within the parameters of the facilities expectations . When it is managed well and firing on all cylinders, the stakeholders i.e. physicians, surgeons and specialists involved are easy to work with. When the work comes up short of expectations, the stress level of all workers is effected. Professional medical transcriptionist are educated and trained to work with various dictation styles, formats, templates and account specifics. This taxing, high stress environment has a tendency to overwhelm MTs at times, creating a backlog of work and additional pressure on other team members.
Additional disadvantages of having in-house transcription staff include:
- Flexibility to scale workflow fluctuations
- The need to find and/or train a temporary replacement to keep files up-to-date
- A need for retraining with the ever changing HIPPA. ACA compliance policies
- Cost of training and recruitment of staff
These disadvantages can cause a hospital or group practice to suffer from serious setbacks. On the other hand, outsourced hospital transcription has many benefits that can help a hospital become more profitable as well as more organized including:
- HIPAA compliant services
- Customized scalabe solution to benefit the client
- Guaranteed quality and turnaround time of transcribed reports
- Reduced transcription rates
- Reduced cost in HR, administrative and training areas
- Automated document delivery i.e. printer, fax, HL7,or customized interface
- 24 X 7 technical assistance and customer support
As a hospital or a medical practice, your primary concern should be the welfare of your patients and not with the quality and integrity of your transcriptionists. When you take advantage of outsourcing medical transcription services to Fast Chart, you are guaranteed the luxury of having fully trained medical transcriptionists at your disposal. Fast Chart continually strives to enhance excellence standards through a systems approach of sharing quality and performance improvement strategies. Fast Chart prides itself on providing quality, accurate outsourced medical transcription services to meet each client’s increasing documentation demands to support billing reimbursement, risk management, and the need for more data.
Please feel free to contact us or call our office with any questions or concerns regarding our hospital transcription services 1-800-334-6606.